Today I just want to challenge each of us as prayer partners to "share a prayer of Thanks" to God for what He did this past weekend in and through Oasis Church, which, by the way, is not a building or campus but the people. I just saw this quote from Walt Disney that is soooooo, sooooo true and especially here at Oasis Church -- whether in North Miami or Pembroke Pines:
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney
So many of you, yes, Oasis’ers just like you, made the Easter Dream a reality in so many lives. I have heard so many stories from our Easter at the Oasis that my head is swimming. But more than anything, I find myself constantly thanking God for what He did in so many lives but also Thanking Him for you and your role, whether as a Prayer Partner or any of the other roles. They all allowed God to do a great work.
I don't talk a lot about numbers since they really only tell a very limited story of what God is really doing in the hearts of people, but here are some that will give you just a peek at what God did through your prayers and faithful serving this past weekend.
* 70 Plus Baptized
* 20 Baptized in North Miami (This is more than all our total baptisms ever at NOMI. In one day.)
* More than 75 men, women and teens who prayed to receive Christ in the services at our Pines Campus.
* 120 Families who were First-Time guests registered on a Connection Card at our Pines Campus. This is the largest one-day registration of Guests we have ever had. Normally we have many guests and we figure only about 25% of them sign a card. They like to remain anonymous but this year our team did an amazing job of getting many of them to sign up. There were 35 Guest families who signed in their Children in KidsWorld who did not fill out cards in the service. That speaks volumes. (I haven't received the number of First-Time Guests at North Miami yet.)
* 3,500 in attendance at our Easter Weekend services. One of the largest attendances we have ever had at Easter. Some services were packed from Wall to Wall with ALL chairs being brought out, including lawn chairs we use at Christmas. God is good.
* Almost 400 Worshiped at our North Miami Campus which is almost 150 more than Last Easter.
* Kids World reported over 500 children being ministered to on Easter.
It just goes on and on. God has so richly blessed Oasis Church.
Will you just pause with me this week when you think about last Easter and Thank God for what He did in the lives of hundreds? We will never know until Heaven about the many changed lives for Eternity.
Thank you for being such a huge part of Easter at the Oasis 2014.
I love you guys.
Posted on Thu, April 24, 2014
by Oasis Church