It's here! Whew! Seems like just yesterday our leadership team was meeting in January to begin plans for Christmas 2013! But it is here! We light up and open at 7 p.m. tonight on our Pines Campus and for the first time in history we take the lights and "Guinness World Record" Nativity Display to North Miami which opens Friday night at 7 p.m.
This year more than any other in our 19 years we have more firsts! We always change up things and move things around but this year we have made greater strides than ever before. Much of it is because God has given us the most incredibly talented, hardworking and creative team we have ever had. Our team has allowed us to take Christmas to a new level. Now to the first's of this year you can expect!
* "Guinness World Record" attempt for the most Lit, Fresh Cut, Live Christmas Trees displayed in one location. Record attempt is 502. We are shooting for 510! Saturday night is the big count and judges and media will be with us to document the World Record!
* "Trees of Hope" display with hundreds of Live trees out of our World Record display will be given out to needy families from our community next week. We will more than double the trees given away this year from last year. Thanks to all of you who sponsored trees for this display and the outreach to the needy. If you still need to give toward the "Trees of Hope" you sponsored you can do so right now, right here!
* "Christmas KidsWorld Express" debuts along with a whole Kids World area with a walk of live trees , displays and crafts for the kids to enjoy. This year because of the popularity of the train last year we are able to provide 2 trains. Double the fun! And the small fee of $2 pays for the trains! This new section is going to be a lot of fun for our families. It includes a tour of "KidsWorld" classrooms for those who are new and want to learn more about our children's ministry here at Oasis.
* "Snow Village" with an enlarged Ice Skate Rink, Snow forest with snow falling each night along with live fires, s'mores, hot chocolate and more! This is a big step forward in this new upgraded area. (Surprise visit from the Zamboni Ice Skating Machine new this year!)
* "Animated Wall" x's 2! The most popular addition to last years Christmas display is more than doubling the walls and lights this year along with synchronized music and incorporated into our popular "Live Nativity" with animals! (Yes the popular outdoor Christmas Movies are going to playing this year again.)
* "New Entry" Castle welcomes our guest this year along with the Best and friendliest Greeters anywhere in South Florida! They will make the "Walmart Greeter" look like the Grinch!
* "Oasis Faces of Hope" debuts this year in our Auditorium! The many ways our Oasis Family reaches out and touches a hurting world will be displayed throughout the auditorium with music, displays and interactive ingredients! This is a great way to introduce our guests to how Oasis Church touches lives 365 days a year! This will be a touching and beautiful display. Make sure you bring your guest inside this year. Don't forget to have your family picture taken in our lobby in front of the 12' Live Tree! Our largest ever to grace our Lobby and the most beautiful! No doubt 1,000's of pictures will be taken at this most popular Photo Stop on the property!
And last but not least…Drum Roll!!! (actually there are more firsts I didn't even mention but I'll wait 'till next week to share more)
* North Miami Campus lights up for the first time ever! We are now "Oasis Christmas" at two locations! This is exciting! Not only will we have the Live Nativity, but also parts of our "World Record" display of nativities inside the auditorium. Lights, displays and more at our "First Annual" Christmas at NoMi display. Make sure you visit during the season
I can't wait to see you this weekend! We launch our new series: "Hope". I am bringing what I think will be one of my best messages ever on hope and being the hope in someone's life this Christmas. I hope you will be with us for one of our services. Ben Windle is speaking at our North Miami Campus. (I will use a portion of scripture I bet most of you don't even know how to find. It will be fun.)
Oasis Church of South Florida
P.S. ONE MORE FIRST! Our new www.oasischristmas.com website with all the 411 on times, events and locations! Check it out! Share it with a friend! We also have a new www.visitoasis.org website. More on this later.
P.P.S. If you missed my video last weekend of the history of "Christmas at the Oasis" check it out here! You will appreciate our display much more this year after watching it! You can share it with a friend too!
*As always you can give the Lord His tithes and your offerings 24/7 online right here! safe, secure and fast!
P.S. I just got some great news from our Business office. We have all but $3,000 of the $25,000.00 pledged toward our "Trees of Hope" God is good! If you are still fulfilling your pledge and need to give online you can do it here right now or tonight. What great news to receive just 3 hours before the Light up and the Turning on the Lights for the 500+ Trees on our Pines Campus tonight. I love you Oasis Church! Thanks again for making this incredible feat of a "World Record" and Giving Hope to hurting families this Christmas a possibility!
Posted on Thu, December 5, 2013
by Pastor Guy Melton